Radioactive tailings from a uranium mill have been consolidated inside an engineered disposal cell, seven miles north of the mill and the town of Lakeview. The mill was built in 1958 and operated until the 1970s, when a lumber operation took over the site. Cleanup, including the construction of the disposal cell, occurred in the 1990s. The cell is 16 acres in size.
Lakeview Disposal Cell